Senior Manager – Software Engineering
Senior Manager – Software Engineering
Provides technical leadership and management expertise for our software development team engaged in the development, integration, and deployment of system solutions to support Health and Human Service Business Process Outsourcing programs. This role works closely with all stakeholders, technical and operational staff, to meet business objectives. This role handles the delivery of the system solutions and manages a team of 5 to 15 software engineers with 8 – 10 direct reports.
- Expert proficiency in Object Oriented (OO) Programming
- Strong knowledge in OO programming languages, and expert skill in at least one (preferably .NET) is required. Expert understanding of complex concepts of data organization.
- Expert familiarity with RDBMS.
- Strong understanding of SDLC such as Waterfall, AGILE, SCRUM, etc.
- Expert knowledge of information systems design principles and current/emerging trends in this field is required. Extensive knowledge of most prevalent and trusted technical discussion boards, portals, and knowledge-sharing internet sites for help with technical challenges.
- Knowledge of policies, standards, procedures, and techniques used for application development is required.
- Strong ability to think logically and structurally, and have attention to detail is required.
- Strong Analytical skills and strong Communications skills, both written (with emphasis on technical documentation) and verbal is required.
Essential Job duties:
- Plan the delivery of system solutions that meets the operational requirements by creating and assigning work packages to member of technical staff.
- Manage the engineering teams, activities, and outcomes while ensuring optimal resource utilization and engineering outcomes.
- Provide technical subject matter expertise and lead the team to devise the best technical solutions, while encouraging participation and contribution from members of technical staff.
- Participate and represent systems team in meetings with internal and external stakeholders.
- Work on change management process deliverables, such as defect lists, work effort estimates for internal and/or external change requests, and any other deliverables as required by PMO.
- Implement the best software engineering practices to elevate the quality of engineering outcomes. Set the stated objective for such improvements and review periodically if objectives are met.
- Perform administrative responsibilities such as hiring, approving timesheets and vacations, performance reviews, plan training to fill skill gaps, and quarterly budgeting and forecasting.
- Works very closely with the operations team and gain an expert understanding of the business processes and provide thought leadership for automation of the program processes in order to improve efficiency and improve the effectiveness and quality of the services being delivered.
- Plan production support activities such as monitoring system processes, devise methods to work through system exceptions and anomalies and create processes to monitor and report on the overall system health.
- Create/modify artifacts and deliverables expected from the SDLC and change management process such as project charter, proposed solution documents, etc.
- Follow the prescribed SDLC and release management processes by updating the defect/task tracking system with the most up-to-date information and perform release management activities as described by SDLC process.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent
- Knowledge of policy governing Medicaid program, specifically in provider data management
- Professional certifications in disciplines such as AWS, DevOps, Agile, Project Management, Change Management, etc. (e.g., AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner, SAFe DevOps, Certified Scrum Master, Project Management Professional, etc.)
- .NET Certified Associate (Pro or Master level)
- SQL Server Database SQL Certified Associate (Pro or Master level)