Senior .NET Developer
Senior .NET Developer
- Will focus on development of a Medicaid Provider Data Management System working directly with other .NET developers, architects, business analysts and testers.
- Primary point of contact for assigned technical deliverables.
- Ensure development activities are aligned with scope, schedule, priority and business objectives.
- Review functional specifications, create detailed technical design and technical specifications, and oversee code development and unit and performance testing activities.
- Meet or exceed all operational readiness requirements (e.g., operations engineering, performance).
- Ensure all tasks and milestones associated with technical design, development and unit testing are completed according to project management guidelines.
- Provides technical guidance and coordinates tasks for a wide variety of technical resources.
- Ensures that product configurations and enhancements are made correctly and deployed per our release management plan.
- Responsible for the development and finalization of all technical system documentation.
- Support MAXIMUS business development activities by providing technical solutions and system architecture documentation for proposal development.
- Deploy new software releases to higher environments, including Production.
- Lead the development of software solutions that will meet or exceed business requirements; the development effort includes designing and implementing modules to the system specifications, conducting unit testing, troubleshooting issues, and producing detailed proposals to resolve issues.
- May evaluate new coding techniques, tools, modules, and implementation as appropriate.
- Lead and mentor entry and mid-level developers.
- Consult on requirements elicitation and definition.
- Design software solutions per systems requirements.
- Code software solutions per design.
- Code reviews, unit test, and integrate coded modules.
- Assist other developers in resolving issues by providing guidance and training.
- Support testing and remediate defects.
- Support users through troubleshooting and analysis of production logs and data.
- Investigate new solutions, tools, products, and techniques to incorporate into coding standards.
- Required: Bachelor’s Degree in computer science from an accredited college or university or equivalent experience.
- Preferred: Master’s degree
Technical Skills / Knowledge Required:
- Minimum of eight years developing web applications in C#, ASP.NET using MVC architecture with at least one year using .NET Core.
- Experience in designing and developing Web APIs.
- Experience in implementing enterprise application patterns using Object Oriented Programming.
- Proficient in database design and query tuning using MS Sql Server.
- Experience in developing n-tier and SOA architecture-based solutions.
- Familiarity with Windows Communication Foundation) WCF , WSDL & SOAP.
- Knowledgeable in unit testing of software.
- Working with State government clients in the Medicaid systems is a plus.
- .NET certification preferred.
- Deep understanding of core AWS services
Excellent organizational, interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills, strong analysis, problem identification, and problem resolution capability, ability to perform comfortably in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented work environment, ability to successfully manage many complex tasks simultaneously, ability to lead a cooperative effort among members of a project team and ability to mentor new project staff.
- Requires a minimum of 8 years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree; or 6 years and a Master’s degree; or equivalent experience.
- Ability to perform complex tasks with minimal supervision and guidance.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.