You will be focusing on Siebel and OBIEE administrations, provides expertise in the areas of application server installation, upgrades, patches, tuning, performance monitoring, troubleshooting, application deployments, container management, support and documentation of standards, environments and procedures for the administration of all supported environments levering the Oracle Siebel and OBIEE solutions.
Creative/development/independent judgment responsibilities
- Serves as a Subject Matter Expert for Oracle’s Seibel and OBIEE solutions and researches/resolves non-routine escalated P1/P2 issues
- Responsible for managing and reporting on assigned deliverable
- Responsible for identifying, assessing and communicating process improvement recommendations around automation and service stability
- Responsible for cross training other team members in application support
- Creates and maintains system documentation including troubleshooting guides, support processes, and break-fix procedures based on lessons learned in resolving non-routine escalations; communicate this information to the team.
- Participate in application deployments and review recommended changes to help ensure service availability.
- Participate in optimization efforts related to application performance and tuning application server components for all application components which makes up Siebel and OBIEE solutions
- Coordinate with Systems PM in reporting defects discovered during support and assist w/ vendor escalation and investigations
- Facilitate the shutdown, recovery and testing of all impacted applications during Operating System patching cycles.
- Owns administrative responsibility for supported solutions and works closely w/ development team to help provide knowledge share as needed.
- Participate in after-hours support for assistance in production recovery or time sensitive changes which can only occur outside of standard business hours.
- Installing and configuring the Oracle Clusterware Grid software for high availability and ensure that, if there is a system failure in Production, Disaster Recovery, Regression Test environments, it will failover to the other Cluster of the Siebel Gateway Servers resulting in zero downtime